Attorney General Complaints
- Open Meetings Act (OMA)
- Donna Cook filed a complaint against the Tiverton Town Council for its continued discussion of a midyear raise for Fire Chief Joseph Mollo after its meeting had adjourned and everybody had left.
- Justin Katz filed a complaint against the Tiverton Board of Canvassers for deciding to request special legal counsel for the recall in a private, non-published meeting.
- Access to Public Records (APRA)
- Justin Katz filed a complaint against the Town of Tiverton for its refusal to provide access to unsealed executive session minutes.
- All complaints filed from 1999 to 2013 (PDF)
- Justin Katz complaint filed against the Tiverton School Committee alleging inappropriate use of the elector petition option.
- Katz Complaint 10/2/17 (PDF)
- School Committee attorney memorandum requesting a continuance 10/16/17
- Katz response to request for continuance 10/18/17 (PDF)
- School Committee attorney motion for continuance 10/19/17 (PDF)
- Solicitor memorandum advising town council to recuse 11/15/17 (PDF)
- School Committee motion to dismiss 11/29/17 (PDF)
- Katz response to motion to dismiss 12/4/17 (PDF)
- School Committee memorandum in further support of motion to dismiss 12/15/17 (PDF)
Charter Review Commission
- Charter Review Commission resolutions regarding charter proposals involving Tiverton casino 12/4/17 (PDF)
- Driggs, Caron, and Coulter draft language for pending CRC proposals re: casino gaming revenue 12/5/17 (PDF)
- Advisory Opinions
- TTA members’ lawsuits against the Board of Canvassers for blocking resolutions from the financial town referendum (FTR) ballot